What is a HydraFacial?
HydraFacial is the only hydradermabrasion procedure that combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration and antioxidant protection simultaneously. This results in clearer, more beautiful skin with minimal discomfort and downtime. This treatment in soothing, moisturising and non-invasive.
Individual results may vary.
- Discontinue the use of any Isotretinoin products (such as Accutane) for 6 months before treatment – unless you have clearance by a clinician.
- Refrain from any medium and/or deep chemical resurfacing treatments (peels_ and laser treatments for 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Wait 1 week after Botox and 2 weeks after fillers to undergo treatment. Botox and Fillers can be given on the same day but AFTER your HydraFacial.
- For men, shaving is not recommended on the on the day of treatment. If you choose to shave, please shave at least 3-4 hours prior to your treatment.
Discontinue the following at least 48 hours prior appointment:
- Topical Retin-A.
- Refrain from any type of exfoliating treatments such as glycolic acid or enzymes.
- Refrain from waxing and the use of hair removal creams.
- Discontinue use of over-the-counter acne medications (benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.
- It’s best to not put makeup on immediately following treatment, but it is fine to wear the next day.
- Do not wash your face, shower or work out to produce sweat for at least 6 hours post treatment. Water will reactivate the peel and drive it further into the skin.
- No chemical peels, microdermabrasion or dermaplaning for 2 weeks.
- Cease the use of Vitamin C, AHA’s, Glycolic Acid’s and other chemical exfoliants for 2 days post treatment.
- You may experience redness for 2-4 hours post treatment.
- You may have flaking on the day 2-3 post treatment. This is additional dead skin cells that were released by the chemical peel. Please do not pick at the peeling.
- If unusual irritation persists for more than 2 days, please call our office.
- Use of sunscreen following treatment is highly recommended! Please use sunscreen for at least 5-7 days following your treatment as your skin is now more exposed and more susceptible to UV damage immediately post treatment. Please refrain from prolonged direct sun exposure or tanning beds for a minimum of 2 weeks.